Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody, Just wanted to share my story of the death of my 2004 E a few weeks ago now. I was heading to work at 6 am and a deer ran out on the interstate a few cars ahead of me. When all the dust settled, 4 of us in a line had all hit each other (I was 3 of 4 so I got hit in front and behind). My driver and passenger side airbags went off which ended up being my only injuries, burns on my arms/wrists from the bag and a cut from the wheel opening up for the bag. Other than the bags hanging there and all of my junk being thrown around, from the windshield to the back of the backseats you would not have know that anything was wrong from the inside! It was totally untouched. All passengers (had I had any at that time) would have most likely been fine!

So, it took me a week and a half after the E was officially totaled (the adjuster were just eyeballing it and decided to just stop when they hit about $10,000 in damage) to find the GG E that I really wanted. I finally found it and got an AMAZING deal!!! I do miss my old, worn in E that my dogs had already beaten in and made their own. I worry about this one because it is so new and nice and has no plastic panels on the outside! :) I hope to get the new one cleaned up and post pics of it soon with the girls inside.

If I did it right, hopefully there are a few pictures of my wrecked Elephant below...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, nothing to part out. I only had a chance to grab my mats and window vents and I am using those in the new E (I didn't have much done in the 'mod' dept though anyway :) ). Believe it or not they came and checked it out and had it towed away within about 24 hours so I barely had time to get it all cleaned out at all.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sorry to hear about your old one and it didn't look too bad for the front damage. Whay year is your new one? and even the ones that are painted are plastic panels. and if its a newer one I don't think they made a GGM in painted panels but the Kiwi green they did. Have a blast with the new ride and the doggies will like it just as much as the old one..:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts