Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

Started the Labor Day weekend early with a mission to change my E's rear brake pads, rotors, and calipers. Got my parts from Rock Auto and everything looked good.

Everything was smooth sailing throughout, especially for my first time dealing with calipers, but when it came time to attach the new LR caliper I discovered that the new part had larger bolt thread holes than the old caliper. I checked the new RR caliper against the old one and everything fits, but I obviously can't complete the LR job.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not crazy. I know I put the calipers on the correct sides because the bleeder should always be on top for a caliper, but just in case I tested the bolts from the RR with the new LR caliper and still too big. I've contacted Rock Auto to let them know I got the wrong part, but was curious if anyone could shed some light on this in case I'm the one at fault here.

Thanks, and hope you all are having a great Labor Day weekend!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Can you supply some pics? Not sure if I can answer your question, but with pics SOMEBODY can!! :razz: :)

RockAuto's customer service has been fantastic every time I had to return something. If it IS the wrong part, they will replace it for you. Good luck in finishing your brake job!! :) 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar issue with a caliper from NAPA. The banjo bolt hole had a different thread pitch, and didn't come with a new banjo bolt to fit. Took it back along with the old banjo bolt to show them the issue. They did not have a banjo bolt to fit it, so I returned it. Went down the street to Advance Auto and got a replacement, and it not only came with a new banjo bolt, it was the correct threads for the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts