Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for a part that Honda calls 74890-SCV-A30ZD Garnish Assembly. If you know of an Element that is parting out with a black one of these (like the picture below shows) or if you are interested in selling yours to me, please send me a message and I'll buy it from you.

Thanks!
Marco

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
396 Posts
Hi all,

I am looking for a part that Honda calls 74890-SCV-A30ZD Garnish Assembly. If you know of an Element that is parting out with a black one of these (like the picture below shows) or if you are interested in selling yours to me, please send me a message and I'll buy it from you.

Thanks!
Marco
Looks like Honda is really proud of that part.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am looking for a part that Honda calls 74890-SCV-A30ZD Garnish Assembly...
Having recently gone through this, I'll share with you what worked for me:

1) The Honda price was too much when I looked... just crazy what they want for it.

2) Go to eBay, look for Honda Element Parts... specifically for people parting out from a junkyard. They are the ones willing to make a buck for what is a PITA job to get at it.

3) Start dialing and/or emailing.

I was able to get one for $65 including shipping, but on receipt it was a but more trashed than I wanted. Had to re-glue a broken post, and I ended up rattle can repainting it in silver and then clearcoat.

To get to it, you have to remove the inside panel on the lower hatch, so be prepared to buy some retaining clips for that panel at your local dealer. Even using plastic panel removal tools I damaged 3 of the nine clips.

Looking back, the effort might have been worth the $400 that Honda wants for one of those new... but why do it the easy way, right? 🤪

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m thinking of blacking out my grill and the tailgate garnish assembly on my black ‘11 EX AWD by having it vinyl wrapped in black at a local shop, probably a much cheaper and easier route than trying to track one down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like Honda is really proud of that part.
Haha

Having recently gone through this, I'll share with you what worked for me:

1) The Honda price was too much when I looked... just crazy what they want for it.

2) Go to eBay, look for Honda Element Parts... specifically for people parting out from a junkyard. They are the ones willing to make a buck for what is a PITA job to get at it.

3) Start dialing and/or emailing.

I was able to get one for $65 including shipping, but on receipt it was a but more trashed than I wanted. Had to re-glue a broken post, and I ended up rattle can repainting it in silver and then clearcoat.

To get to it, you have to remove the inside panel on the lower hatch, so be prepared to buy some retaining clips for that panel at your local dealer. Even using plastic panel removal tools I damaged 3 of the nine clips.

Looking back, the effort might have been worth the $400 that Honda wants for one of those new... but why do it the easy way, right? 🤪
I sent a bunch of eBay messages, we'll see what happens, and I'll put some more effort in later. Thanks for the tips!

I’m thinking of blacking out my grill and the tailgate garnish assembly on my black ‘11 EX AWD by having it vinyl wrapped in black at a local shop, probably a much cheaper and easier route than trying to track one down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm not really a fan of blacking things out on any vehicle, but this back piece for me is an exception. I have a lot of pictures of a black one like in the picture, on a black car, if it will help you in your decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts