Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Honda Civic Hatchback. I am looking to buy one as stock as possible. I just wanted to start this thread because I am willing to fly out and drive back to CA from the midwest at the furthest if anyone has one or knows of someone selling one.

Specifically, I am looking for an EK. An EK looks like this:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And, no, I am not getting rid of my Element. I just want a cheap second car so I can keep my Element pristine. Thank you.:grin:

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
you just want another fun car to mod ;-)

·
Registered
836 Posts
is there a finders fee? :lol: i'll start adding it to my daily Craigslist searches in my state.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got one that sitting at my driveway for like more than a year already. It is 97 black civic dx with 2000 si engine on it. I am working on the wire, so i can take it to the BAR to legalize it. (I spent something like 30 minutes monthly to work on it, God knows when i going to finish it)....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Mmmmm, I miss my EK and I think about it everytime I look at my kitchen cabinets....which is what I bought with the $5k that I sold it for :| Good luck on your search and good luck with avoiding the mod bug.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Great second car choice Abulevan. There's a nice one on my block that I eyeball every day. I'll keep my eyes open for you...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
That one's sweet! As stock as can be! I'm going to check it out!
Wow! That one looks perfect. I would add that buying a California daily driver will get you a better car. That Civic would be half rust here in the midwest.

Go for it!

I am willing to fly out and drive back to CA from the midwest at the furthest if anyone has one or knows of someone selling one.
Heck, I'd almost fly out to California for something like this.:roll:

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Rolie:

The post got deleted. Car = sold...but not to me. :-(
Bummer!!! I will keep my eyes open. And next time I post something,
you better jump on it qwik!!! Deals like that dont grow on trees!!

:grin::razz::grin::razz::grin::razz:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Just a note on salvage titles.....and I don't want to start a big debate, especially in the this area of the forum. I just want to say don't be afraid of salvage titles. Depending on why they were deemed totalled by the insurance company, they can be great deals. I have purchased several salvage vehicles. I purchased a 96 Civic coupe that was 'totalled'. It needed a bumper cover, fender, hood and headlight. Airbags were never deployed. It had 133k miles on it. Took about 5 hours to fix it, not including paint time. My wife drove it for two years as a winter car. It got 36-38 mpg around town (automatic) and I sold it for more than what I had into it when we decided to let it go. The car I picture previously in the post was also salvage title car. Another fantastic little car.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a note on salvage titles.....and I don't want to start a big debate, especially in the this area of the forum. I just want to say don't be afraid of salvage titles. Depending on why they were deemed totalled by the insurance company, they can be great deals. I have purchased several salvage vehicles. I purchased a 96 Civic coupe that was 'totalled'. It needed a bumper cover, fender, hood and headlight. Airbags were never deployed. It had 133k miles on it. Took about 5 hours to fix it, not including paint time. My wife drove it for two years as a winter car. It got 36-38 mpg around town (automatic) and I sold it for more than what I had into it when we decided to let it go. The car I picture previously in the post was also salvage title car. Another fantastic little car.
Oh. I don't fear that at all. I am thinking just as you are. Great minds.[=

1 - 16 of 16 Posts