Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a storage arm rest used on e-bay and its missing the metal bracket that goes between the seat and round disk..if anyone has this bracket please let me know...or if you know where i can get it..thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Smokes - Unfortunately I think your odds on getting that part a slim to none. I just went throught the same thing. Bought one on Ebay that was missing the bracket. I posted the same thread, and the only one to respond was someone else who went through the same thing. If I were you, I would try to return it and get your money back, or contact the seller and see if they still have that part. Below is a picture of what you are looking for. The dealerships won't sell it by itself, only as part of the kit. Honda could probably make some good money if they sold that part by itself. Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
is that bracket only found on the storage arm rest or is it found on the normal one as well? might be able to get it that way if it was.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Storage Armrest Bracket

bigsmokes,

I had the same thing happen to me when I bought an armrest from one of the EOC members. Luckily it was an oversight on his part and he sent me the bracket right away. I think I would consider this bracket a "special application" part and unless you could get it from the person who sold the armrest to you I would ask for a refund. The armrest is basically useless without this part, as you well know. Good luck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Drivers armrest bracket

Big smokes:

what has already been said - contact the seller and if they do not have the part, see if you can return it and get your money back.

dnrsha:

that was me. worst thing was is that it was a fellow EOC'r that screwed me. Hasn't been on the boards since.

ElementFanatic:

this part is exclusive to the drivers armrest. it's different than the standard and they are not interchangable.

I have come to the conclusion that if someone had a lot of time on their hands to cruize the U-Pull it lots looking for crashed E's that had drivers armrests they could make a little coin on the ones they did find!

jeff

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all,,,the seller said that he traded in the car and the dealer removed it so the car is long gone,how ever,,hes willing to work with me..hes willing to pay for the part if i can find it,,,does anyone know where i can get the kit from..i went to my local dealer today bayridge honda,,they said i cannot buy just a hardware kit i must buy the complete armrest again,,is that true or not,,if so does anyone have a part # for the hardware kit or a website i can buy it from,,,,thanks again to all,,,angelo

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok,thanks lizzurd,,,thats what my local dealer told me,,i just wanted a second person to confirm that...once again thanks to all for your replies...now time to deal with the seller...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts