Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid NJ inspection wont pass me because I have a airhorn. :mad: Anybody have an oem horn for sale or could let me borrow to pass the inspection wit. Previous owner install the airhorn and remove the oem horn so im out of luck. thanx

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Fosingwo.

Nothing against the stock horn, but you should be able to use a common, inexpensive, aftermarket unit. Is the air horn on its own circuit, with a relay? If so, the OEM plug should be free, no need to disconnect the air horn. If the air horn is simply plugged into the stock connector, then the state was right to flag it.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Just drive down to the local salvage yard. The Horn in my E came out of a junk Caddie! It set me back all of 2$.

Dom

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Any auto parts store has horns for around $10.
Or go to a junk yard. Any horn with a single wire feeding it out of any car will work.

·
Registered
508 Posts
too much common sense

Jeez Guys... you all have too many good ideas/options. Definitely not many Darwin awards candidates here at EOC!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
stupid NJ inspection wont pass me because I have a airhorn. :mad: Anybody have an oem horn for sale or could let me borrow to pass the inspection wit. Previous owner install the airhorn and remove the oem horn so im out of luck. thanx
Buy a "Freeway Blaster" or any other loud aftermarket electric horn at AutoZone, Pep Boys, Advance Auto or NAPA outlet. The last thing you need is the wimpy POS original horn. I really need to replace mine too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts