Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a lonely OEM Fog light they'd be willing to let go at a reasonable price? One of mine got cracked! Ughh!!!

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What terms are you searching? "Honda Element Fog Lights" nets me some $400/pair fog lights. The super cheap ones like $40/light I'm guessing are some form of plastic and not glass like the OEM one.

The fog lights themselves are still available from Honda but are like $125/light. Hoping someone here has a sad lonely fog light that they're looking to marry off for a decent bride price. Doesn't have to be super pretty or virgin just not broken and can do the work. :D

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! My remaining fog light thanks you for helping find a mate for it!

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
426 Posts
I've been through maybe 4 or 5 sets of lights... (local and FleaBay... I honestly can't remember any more...)

Brad's Top Reasons For Failure (of the cheap sets):
1. Lack of appropriate sealing allows water to enter and corrode/rust innards...
2. Somewhat deep "funnel-effect" of bumper locations puts lenses directly into the firing line of debris = cracking a lens or both lenses (in my current case)

I have an extra nose that's pretty clean, and without holes for driving lights...
I'm planning to alternatively mount some lights in the center bit... if only to test my theory on position and road debris.

I usually get a few months out of a set, then a few months of annoyance at my nighttime reflection in the car in front of me, then I fix it and repeat...

Cheers!
Brad

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think you can still get OEM ones from Honda for only about $100 per pair. Check Majestic Honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts