Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for stock front suspension. Friend is thinking about throwing on a lift for his element, but can't have any downtime. So, thought we would buy a set of springs and shocks, do what needs to be done and than install. If you have just the shocks, or just the coils let me know as well.

Thanks-

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The lift kits available do not disassemble the strut/spring assemblies, its a spacer that fits between the strut top hat and the strut tower, so no extra downtime would exist. Correct me if I am wrong, I am just going off of what I have read on here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I cant imagine the lift kits going anywhere over 1" if it's just a spacer that sits between the strut top hat the body. Wouldnt you also have to get extended studs as well?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently have a lift on my element, it is not the CCM kit.

We plan on doing the lift the way I had done it, lengthed studs, lift blocks, etc. This way includes welding lengthed studs to the top plate, so the shock needs to be out of the car, and it does take time.

My friend does not like the height of the CCM kit, so we will be putting on the kit I currently have. Roughly the same thing, minus the taller lift blocks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts