Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Sorry if the post is asking for info that's been posted before, but I can't find the info I'm looking for.

I want to install a 2005 head unit in my E that I got off Ebay. I have an XM Commander setup currently that has an XM Direct tuner (XMD1000) and it's working fine, but the display on the controls has a crack in it so now it doesn't display. Instead of trying to replace it, I'd like to use the tuner with the 2005 head unit that I have.

After some research, I believe that the XM tuner I have can work with the 2005 head unit (the head unit has an XM button, too), but I can't seem to find the cable to go from the XM tuner to the head unit. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Let me make sure I understand you properly...

You want to install your XM tuner to a 2005 Element OEM radio?

I know you just got the radio off e-bay and all but why not just get an aftermarket radio that is compatible with your XM tuner? Sounds like a much easier way to do the install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me make sure I understand you properly...

You want to install your XM tuner to a 2005 Element OEM radio?

I know you just got the radio off e-bay and all but why not just get an aftermarket radio that is compatible with your XM tuner? Sounds like a much easier way to do the install.

Actually, the xm tuner is already installed. I already have the head unit sitting in my garage. I just need one cable. One cable that's only about 3 feet long.... Looking at Big Al's diagram, there should be a cable that fits what I want to do, but I don't have the cable part number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Yoda. I might order one or two of the cables that connect to the XIA device and try to wire it directly. The pinout of the XM Direct unit (found it on this site: http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/56/90/) and the pinout of the Honda Radio from BigAl's thread might get me to where I need to be. If I can mod the cable and get it working, I'll post the solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts