Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks Tom,

This is the Delphi XM radio. The FM modulator is installed behind the sub woofer speaker in the compartment (there is room). We went with the car kit, and added an external antenna. That is on the rear window, passanger side. It disapears, so you don't see it driving, it is just behind the pannel.

The Delphi system itself is removable, so it also goes into a boombox that we got.

It is mounted on a movable mount, and can adjust to face the driver, passenger, or the middle. 2 small notches were cut into the pannel for the wires.

I did not do it myself, I had my garage do it, and they did a great job.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool... I just did the same installation and put it in the same place. It works excellently.

I used the roof-mount antenna, putting it opposite the stock antenna so it looks symmetrical. I'll post pics soon. I did not use the FM modulator. Instead I ran my own power line on a 6V converter and patched the audio-out into the AUX-in jack, leaving one wire showing as a result.

The eventual plan is to hardware the audio out to the wiring harness for the AUX-IN jack once I get the wiring guide so I can find it. To use the radio I'll simply short the switch-wire in the AUX-IN jack so the radio can use it (it has a tip-switch so you can't press AUX without something plugged into the jack. Easily defeatable). I can then still use AUX-IN; all I have to do is turn the XM unit off. This gives much better sound than the FM-modulator does. (yes, I tried the modulator first. Uck.)

I've got the XM unit installed at home, in the boombox at work, on both motorcycles and now the Element. XM is addictive. :)

---

Oh, and this is my first post. Heya, guys. I love the element -- just picked it up Saturday! *waves* :mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts