Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying anAlpine CDA-9807 for my new E. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how XM works with one of these. Do I still need to buy one of those delphi things I keep seeing mounted in other peoples E's? Sorry if this is a silly question, but this is all pretty new to me. Thanks for the help...

NyArtist26

·
Registered
608 Posts
NyArtist26,

The Delphi unit is a separate radio receiver for XM radio. You only need to install that if you want XM radio, and your Element's radio is not setup to receive it.

The Delphi is an after market receiver that is portable, it comes out of the Element (or other vehicle), and can go into another vehicle, or a home unit, or a portable BoomBox unit.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Delphi unit and like it because it is so portable. I bought it just a few days before I bought my H3 EX. I have not decided whether or not to actually mount it yet. For now it wedges nicely in the storage compartment above the glove box just in front of the Aux input and 12v power port. I have the anntenna on the dash. Everything is temporary for now as I do not want to make a mistake on my new HondaHummer.

XM radio is well worth the money. Don't be sold on the number of channel though. Make sure they have what you want. Most people are not going to like all 101 channels - perhaps 10 or so.

Once I decide on my final mounting scheme, I will post photos.

8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts