Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have from my previous car the Yakima Maco kayak saddles and hully rollers for my 16' 10" sea kayak. It was a great system for rolling my kayak securely onto my previous car. I hope to get it working for the Element rack (on order). Has anyone used the Yakima mighty mount for their Element stock rack yet? If so I am interested in which mounts you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me answer my own question now that my Element rack arrived the second day after I order it. The mighty mounts I have from my previous car (forrester) fit the Element rack like a glove, no shims needed! Now all my Yakima kayak rack accessories can be put on with my existing stuff. FYI the mighty mounts I have is model 24H. Also I am impressed with the element rack. It supports 75 pounds and it feels pretty ridged and beefy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked all over the Yakima site and they don't show an application for the Element yet. Maybe they haven't updated their site. Could you please tell me the model number of the mounting plates/mounts...whatever?

Thanks in advance!

Chad H.
P.S. Pics would be great as well ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, just so you are clear, these mounts (they look like plastic C clamps that wrap around the Existing element rack bars. These clamps will accept several varieties of Yakima accessories including sks locks. The clamps I have and work are model 24h mighty mounts. The yakima page is all Flash so i cant give you a bookmark, but you can see what I am taking about by selecting Products -> Rack Systems -> With Factory Racks -> Mighty Mounts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Based on the above, I ordered the 24H mounts. They seem to fit tight enough although probably not the perfect fit that Yakima wants.

I bought them to use with my Yakima kayak stacker, but they require an additional accessory from Yakima. That part is out of stock so I am back ordered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been looking for the yakima mounts as well. I called Yakima today and they told me they might be out in the fall. I did a little more research and found that Thule uses the same mount for the 2002 CRV as the 2003 element. Yakima does make a mount for the 2002 CRV. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thule mounts and parts are all available. I'm picking mine up next week. They use an adapter that mounts to the factory roof racks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts