Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Element EX (with a manual transmission :-D ), and now I'm trying to install a rack. I've got Yakima components, so I'd like to stick with those if possible. Alas, Yakima doesn't list the 2010 Element as compatible. I've searched this forum, and it looks like the rack for the 2009 might work, but it hasn't been totally confirmed yet.

Has anyone tried installing a Yakima rack on a 2010 Element EX?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Toby

·
Registered
237 Posts
I thought the changes for 09 were primarily cosmetic. I'd bet my life savings it'll work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The install of landing pads takes about 10 minutes, so it won't take long to find out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The install of landing pads takes about 10 minutes, so it won't take long to find out.
True enough. But I'm planning on ordering the rack from ORS (proud sponsor of this site!), and I'd hate to have to send it back if things don't work out. But I might just have to do that if nobody else has tried one yet!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Success! Landing Pad #9, specified for the 2009 Element EX, perfectly fit my new 2010 Element EX. I hope that this helps someone else out there.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The 09 and 10 Elements are EXACTLY the same. If you were using 09 parts on a 10 and it doesn't fit, it's user error rather than a fitment error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts