Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a sweet deal on Landing Pads (#9) and control towers for $90... they threw in a set of 48" bars as well. I know that the yakima site says its recommended 58" but I'd like to run the free ones until Im able to source some 58s cheaply.

Could someone with a yakima setup measure and see if the 48" bars will even span that far? Thanks!

oh... long time lurker, just now signed up :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
48s

When I first purchased my Yak set up I went with the recommended 58". I returned them the next day and exchanged for the 48". I did not like the look of the longer bars and prefered the sleeker look of the shorter.

Have a look at what 48" look like in post # 14 here:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54092&page=2

BTW I also have the Yak Basketcase sitting between the bars, If you want one someone is selling them for $40 I believe, in the Trading Post section of the EOC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I first purchased my Y.........
Wow, thanks for the info! I'm stoked to think I'll be able to run the 48" bars!

Also, great idea on the Yak Basketcase, that looks great and would be VERY functional in my need. I do have a few questions tho..

- Does the basket sit on the roof or is it 100% supported by the bars?
- Did you mod it or is that a factory (yakima) fit?

I'm running the 48" bars and I like the look better as well.
Thanks for the pic, perfect answer.

Thanks to both of you!

·
Registered
113 Posts
basket Qs

- Does the basket sit on the roof or is it 100% supported by the bars?
- Did you mod it or is that a factory (yakima) fit?
Its 100% supported by the bars but can also be lowered a bit so that it sits on the roof as well.

The basket section that connects to the bars had to be bent slightly (about 1/4 inch if I recall correctly).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just bought some 66s. I know they are long and if not careful, probably will poke my eye out, but I am planning stuffing a bunch of stuff up there along with a Skybox. I need the room with two big dogs taking up volume in the back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
love this site!

was a bit bummed when I saw Yakima recommend 58's...thanks to you pioneers now all I need is landing pads and my kit from our Golf is set...sweet meat!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
It depends on how much stuff you are going to put on your rack, longer bars more stuff

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm all function over form, which is why I bought the E in the first place. I have already had the cargo basket full and used the extra rack length to carry shovels and 2x4s or pipe. I personally don't think it looks bad at all with the longer poles, and its interesting to see the words sleek and Element in the same sentance. :razz:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts