Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hows it goin. I woke up with this morning to find a package outside my door. :confused:

As I got closer to see what it was I noticed this ...

A little nervous that either a "Ligar" or a "Furious Badger" was going to attack me, I decided to give it a little kick. After no movement I figured it was ok.

After opening the package. It was what I was expecting ... the roof rack. (although a badger or a Ligar would have been much cooler)

After the install

Ready to hit the snow ... at least in December.

Big thanks to Oscar (ADVAN ELEMENT) the rack looks good. Appreciate it man.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yakima Rack

Just wondering how long do it take to install ?

Also, what are the key locks for on the bases ?

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Roof Rack

To keep somebody from stealing it. Once you get the mounts on, the racks are incredibly easy to install/remove (and this is a good thing).:)
So I guess the base bolts onto the E and the upper part of the shoe is easily removable ?

I absolutely love the way the Gobi rack looks on the E and would order one if it were about half the price!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
So I guess the base bolts onto the E and the upper part of the shoe is easily removable ?
Yep. That cover that the lock is in swings down and disconnects the foot from the mount. Here is a picture (taken from another member's post) of the mount and the cover that goes over it when the rack is removed:

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
GaryS

I was wondering if the rack had to stay on all of the time and if not, what the appearance would be with the bolted stubs intact. ai could not find an illustration on the manufacturers website.

Thanks for clearly explaining this to me, I really appreciate it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it took no more then 30 min to install (thats without instructions).

Right now I am looking for some of the caps (like the ones in the picture), so I can take the racks off till the snow but leave the feet on the roof

·
Banned
43 Posts
I have this system, and I can vouch; it's worth every penny. When removed, you'd never know it had the rack. Easy to install and remove, and super sturdy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yakima

I have this system, and I can vouch; it's worth every penny. When removed, you'd never know it had the rack. Easy to install and remove, and super sturdy.
That will be my Rack of choice, so I can leave it removed until I need it. If I had a Gobi, I would not mind seeing it all the time on the roof but would leave a big hole in the finance department.

·
Registered
187 Posts
LOL! i been meaning to reply to your thread a long time ago! but i keep forgetting! yea my buddies at work wrote on the "TOBLERONE" custom box when i wasnt looking! i can ship stuff from my job anyday so when u were looking for a rack i sent it out on the double! im glad you're happy with it! take care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts