Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the yellow HIDs installed on their E? If so, I'd like to see some pics. I'm considering them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone have the yellow HIDs installed on their E? If so, I'd like to see some pics. I'm considering them.
You might want to check you local laws on headlight colors... I know it is not legal to have yellow headlights in Texas so just check before you waste your time with purchasing HID's...

·
Registered
541 Posts
do the film on your stock head lights. its cheaper and if you run into problems with the law you can peel it off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Roughly 48 states allow HID yellow lights but.... only as Fogs in a one set pair... very few allow them as headlights. I would say run them as fogs and go with a 6000K - 10000K for your High and Low beams.

You would need a Dual ballast 55watt with relay.
I would run the fogs hid as a single ballast possible 35watt i think for fogs 55watt is overkill.

·
1,049 Posts

Louisiana's Vehicle Code number RS 32:303 states:

Louisana Vehicle Code said:
§303. Headlamps on motor vehicles; motorcycles and motordriven cycles
A. Every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle or motordriven cycle shall be equipped with at least two headlamps with at least one on each side of the front of the motor vehicle, which headlamps shall comply with the requirements and limitations set forth in this Chapter.
B. Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with at least one and not more than two headlamps which shall comply with the requirements and limitations of this Chapter.
C. Every headlamp upon every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle and motordriven cycle, shall be located at a height, measured from the center of the headlamp, of not more than 54 inches nor less than 24 inches to be measured as set forth in R.S. 32:302.
D.(1) Every headlamp described in this Section shall emit a white light only, including light emitted by white high intensity discharge forward lighting.
(2) No motor vehicle shall be equipped with headlamps that are off-road colored lights. The provisions of this Subparagraph shall not apply to white emitting lights.
Acts 1962, No. 310, §1. Amended by Acts 1974, No. 166, §1; Acts 1999, No. 646, §1.

So in LA you can NOT have yellow headlights, only white is allowed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops

I appreciate the responses. I already placed the order. I guess we will see how it turns out, or I will sell them to someone who has an off road vehicle. I will post pics though if I decide to keep them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
please dont put hids in anything that is not a projector. im pretty sure new elements have projector headlights, or if you have an older model and really want hids you can retrofit. PLEASE dont just throw hids in your stock housings, its so annoying

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
74 Posts
cant wait to see them... ive got pink ones coming in! :) i know the world will probably hate them, but im stoked. they sent me ones for a chevy s10 first!? i didnt know the E and a s10 could be misconstrued as the same.. :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah... I found that is true in most states...BigTzElement found some state GS law on it... nice work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So i got them in today. I will post some pics tonight!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a couple of pics. I will try to get some better ones soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Here's a couple of pics. I will try to get some better ones soon.
That looks sweet! I am going to order some for my SC Fog lights. BTW it is stupid that they don't allow the yellow lights for your headlamps... yellow is better for night driving and in some countries like France and Japan it was once the law to only have yellow headlamps. The human eye sees better in yellow light because it produces less glare and produces more visible light than white or blue. There is a thread on here somewhere that has a link to a study. Maybe someone can find the link.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I think they look sweet too! The good news is that the yellow are my High Beams. I have white low beams. So technically Its semi legal. lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The other day I saw a RSX with yellow HIDs and Fog lights it look amazing... and the nice thing was that no one else had them. His car stood out from all the other cars on the freeway, totally unique.
Yup, nobody around here has them either. I saw one car on the opposite side of the interstate in Florida with them. I will probably order some yellows for the fog lights soon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts