Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving a Honda Passport and 2 CR-Vs in the past, last week I got a Kiwi Element. To locate this car, I had 2 dealers and an independent agent working with me to find an affordable '07 or '08 AWD with a manual transmission and low mileage. Finally I found The Perfect Vehicle on Edmunds.com -- and flew from SFO to MSP to pick the car up in Rochester Minnesota. I loved this car from the minute they picked me up in it, when I put my suitcase in the back and drove through several beautiful mountain ranges and deserts back to California over the next four days.

I want to put in a good word for the marvelous "previously owned" sales team at Tom Kadlec Honda in Rochester Minnesota. These people are the nicest, most accommodating, least pushy car sales team I have EVER met. They even have free wi-fi in the sales room for their customers.

You can tell the attached photo was taken in MN because there is a tanning studio next door.

Thanks to all of you for your generous advice and pictures about Elements in general, and specifically about their cargo and car-sleeping solutions. I've already tossed around a couple of Golden Retrievers and am ready to put a Velcro belt on Maisy the next time we take her up Mt. Tam.

I've asked the folks at Ursa Minor in San Diego if they'd hook me up with someone in NorCal who has a pop-top conversion but have not heard from anyone yet. If any of you can help, I'd like to see one first-hand before committing to modding this beautiful car.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mn - a swede?

Glad you found a nice 'Swedish' car! Long way to get it, but nice long way home to get acquainted. Nice to hear of a good used purchase experience. I've had seven (of seven) so far - six Hondas. My E is a 'Carolina Girl' that I had car-ferried to ME. Don't have canines now - sometimes, would love to 'roll around' my three felines in the back of the E, but then, they'd have to kill me! I just called them in (like dogs) after return home from late shift. They have now gorged like Hobbits (midnight snack, to be followed by late-midnight snack, etc) and are settling down on various upholstery. Enjoy your find (after diligent and persistent searching, I suspect) and your ride and this bunch at EOC. You are VERY WELCOME here, as you will soon find! :D

PS - Like the color, too!

·
Registered
225 Posts
greetings and great looking E

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Welcome Judy.

You patience has paid off, that is a nice looking E!!!

Here are a couple of posts about the E camper:

This one lists all the owners:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47768

This one is from Cornelius and kbrinner, they are the couple in the blog:

http://www.thedarienplan.com/

The blog is an AWESOME read. They are from San Francisco. I have no
idea when they will be back, but PLENTY of pics of the Ecamper in some
really serious use!!!

Hope to see ya at a local meet!!! Im in the East Bay!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome aboard.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts