Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes there are like 4 other posts like this on this page alone!

Hi I'm Dave and on Tuesday I picked up a Root Beer 07 SC and am really diggin' it.

After ~6 years of service to me, I finally had to say good by to my amazingly trusty '92 Civic. That car had ~250k miles on it and was still running like a champ getting almost 40 mpg! I am really going to miss that car (especially when I go to fill up my new Element tomorrow.)

I'm a hang glider pilot and really need a vehicle more "mountain friendly" than the Civic was. I think the Element will be a perfect balance of size, power, and cargo space for me. Not super huge like a Suburban but with plenty of ground clearance for less-than-perfect mountain roads.

The SC wasn't my preferred model, but I really wanted a manual transmission and this was one of only a handful on the market in Southern California. Plus it has the factory roof racks, and nice sub-woofer with aux hook-up and a warranty to 100k miles.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I thought the neighborhood looks familiar :grin: , we have an up coming meet in March, you should come up and join with us Usual Suspect and another one in spring at Wally Park NHRA in Pomona, just check out California Owners.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group

the one good thing about CUC is the fresh Frito's !!!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave and congrats on your SC. Happy motoring :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
New SC

I've really been enjoying my '07 rootbeer SC! GREAT car. Hope to meet you at club events. Enjoy that new vehicle! :-D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome designbyDave !!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Northern Cali greets...!!!

DBD (Dave)...

Clean... Eclectic707 is your fellow twin up here... Looking forward to meeting up with you one of these days...!

LBD

PS: If your name "desingbydave" was misspelled, get a hold of a moderator to fix it for you... I'm guessing it was supposed to be "desiGnByDave"...?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome. You will not be disappointed with your 2007 SC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts