Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the commercial, we went with that...

Been thinking about this car for years, but the unpainted panels and light colored seats and panels in the EX's never did it for me. Headed out to the movies last night but never made it. Saw this thing and it's all black interior and couldn't walk away, bam, it's mine

Sam

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Weclome!!

Congrats!!! How funny how things work out.
You go out to see a movie, and come home with
a new E!!!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Profile: CHECK!

Picture: CHECK!

*uh-hem*... (clearing throat)...

May she provide you many years of service and enjoyment...! Let the modding begin...!

Congrats!!!

:eoc:
-L B D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Profile: CHECK!

Picture: CHECK!

*uh-hem*... (clearing throat)...

May she provide you many years of service and enjoyment...! Let the modding begin...!

Congrats!!!

:eoc:
-L B D
Mods have begun, dealer license plate frames went into the trash! Although my wife mentioned something about a missing body part of mine if I start messing with her:roll:new car.

Sam

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Welcome to the asylum, your color-matched strait jacket will be delivered shortly. Don't mind the other inmates, they can tend to nip and growl on occasion but rest assured they're all up to date on their shots. Now drink deeply from the complimentary Kool-Aid (tm) until your pre-Element life is nothing but a foggy dream. :razz:

BTW I think you got the better end of the deal. Movie = ripoff, short term enjoyment. Element = very cool, great value, good long term investment, immediately makes you awesome!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
707 Posts
I know I hate that commercial! Anyways welcome to the club! You made the right choice :razz:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Compared to the Cummins diesel forums I also hang out at, you guys(and gals) seem very well behaved and normal.

I have had an Element itch ever since they came out and as you can see, we have owned quite a few Hondas. The mrs. really liked her crv's, she would humor me every few years, we would test drive an Element, get an insulting trade in offer from the dealer, and that would be the end of it.
She and I have never been real crazy about the unpainted body panels and many of the LX/EX interior colors but when Honda started painting the fenders, she started coming around. Having three dogs, I also started working the convenience angle, tilt up rear seats, no more dogs on the seats.
The final obstacle was the rubber floors, no carpet. The SC took care of that.

When I sat in that SC, with the all black seats and carpet, I was hooked and wasn't leaving that dealer without it. Luckily, for my wallet, the salepeople did not sense the burn in my belly for the Element. They gave me a great price, gimme the keys! They got to me a little bit on the trade in, but I just didn't care.

Sam

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Compared to the Cummins diesel forums I also hang out at, you guys(and gals) seem very well behaved and normal.

Sam
WOW, you havent been here long enough yet!!!
Give it time, we will come out of hiding after you
are firmly entrenched. :shock::twisted::shock::twisted::shock::twisted:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW, you havent been here long enough yet!!!
Give it time, we will come out of hiding after you
are firmly entrenched. :shock::twisted::shock::twisted::shock::twisted:
:lol::lol: I hope you all have a little respect for your elders.:razz:

I'll bet I have tools older than many of you.:shock:

Looking forward to it.:razz:

Sam

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
....I'll bet I have tools older than many of you.:shock:
Oh, I dunno, Sam...... there're a few of us skulking silently about who still remember telling the operator what phone number you wanted, :grin: having to get up to change the TV channel :shock:,....... and used car ads that specified "radio/htr"? :twisted:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, I dunno, Sam...... there're a few of us skulking silently about who still remember telling the operator what phone number you wanted, :grin: having to get up to change the TV channel :shock:,....... and used car ads that specified "radio/htr"? :twisted:
Yep, and the tv programs were in black and white, and you could fill the tank for five bucks... Good to know there is a few OG's around. The Element is the perfect vehicle to begin my second childhood.

Sam

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Wow...!

:shock:

So the rumors ARE true...!

Wow...! Those were the days...!

Just kiddin'...! Just kiddin'...! Hell, I remember being excited with my Sony™ BetaMax© 5000... It came with a remote on a 12-foot (4-meter) cable...! On top of that, it only had 2-buttons... Pause and RW/FF...!

Ooo... I'll even throw out an Atari 2600/Colecovision and for my pre-IBM Peanut days pre-Mac days, I had a Lisa, Apple IIe AND a IIc... How about the Atari 400/800 (in school/learned B.A.S.I.C.), Commodore 64 (neighbor's) and the various Kaypro/Osbourne "portables" (neighbor's) along with a Heath Home Kit (another neighbor's)...?

Wow...! :shock:

*sniff*, *sniff*... I'm smellin' old...!

LBD

·
Registered
543 Posts
LB, you wanna talk old smack, ya gotta do better than early comps and video! :lol: How about "I Like Ike" ? :shock:

Course, you might be at a natural disadvantage....... :-D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LB, you wanna talk old smack, ya gotta do better than early comps and video! :lol: How about "I Like Ike" ? :shock:

Course, you might be at a natural disadvantage....... :-D
John, these youngins' probably think you are talking about mike and ike candy:razz:

Sam

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about, "If your human, vote for Truman, If your screwy, vote for Dewey".
Okay, I give. That one is before my time.:lol:

Sam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.