·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I heard it was good from reviews. I have not had hands on experience with it. On Saturday, you can check out the D series in my Element and the F series in Barvel's. The start up for mine is quicker than the F, but the F looks sweet.:D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard it was good from reviews. I have not had hands on experience with it. On Saturday, you can check out the D series in my Element and the F series in Barvel's. The start up for mine is quicker than the F, but the F looks sweet.:D
Another great reason for me to go. :D

How much do you think a shop would charge for the install with the backup camera?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Another great reason for me to go. :D

How much do you think a shop would charge for the install with the backup camera?
Here is another reason: a bunch of us have back up cameras! :lol: I am not sure how much that specific shop would charge. It really depends on the head unit you want and the back up camera you want. I go to Beach Auto Sound in Huntington Beach. Here is a thread I started for people in Southern California and elsewhere: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55385. This is my estimate from Beach Auto, which is a completely different shop from the one we will be at on Saturday. Basically, at Beach Auto, there would be a standard installation fee for the head unit and back up camera wiring. I will assume $90.00 cause that is the max there usually. Then, $35 for am amp kit [power and ground, all necessary wiring, etc.]. Then, it would depend on the camera. I am currently running a Boyo License Plate Frame with a built in camera. I have the silver/chrome, which was a bad choice. I will probably change it out to the black one. You can see which one I will be changing to in the very near future here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UQ5RAW. The night visibility is amazing with absolutely no lights around. Barvel has a small camera, as does Gboy. You can see all this on Saturday or, if you are eager and anxious [because I know I would be], you could do some research, get the one you want and get it all installed then. You could also wait and get it done at another time. OR, wait for a mod meet and we could help you out with the install.:D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is another reason: a bunch of us have back up cameras! :lol: I am not sure how much that specific shop would charge. It really depends on the head unit you want and the back up camera you want. I go to Beach Auto Sound in Huntington Beach. Here is a thread I started for people in Southern California and elsewhere: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55385. This is my estimate from Beach Auto, which is a completely different shop from the one we will be at on Saturday. Basically, at Beach Auto, there would be a standard installation fee for the head unit and back up camera wiring. I will assume $90.00 cause that is the max there usually. Then, $35 for am amp kit [power and ground, all necessary wiring, etc.]. Then, it would depend on the camera. I am currently running a Boyo License Plate Frame with a built in camera. I have the silver/chrome, which was a bad choice. I will probably change it out to the black one. You can see which one I will be changing to in the very near future here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UQ5RAW. The night visibility is amazing with absolutely no lights around. Barvel has a small camera, as does Gboy. You can see all this on Saturday or, if you are eager and anxious [because I know I would be], you could do some research, get the one you want and get it all installed then. You could also wait and get it done at another time. OR, wait for a mod meet and we could help you out with the install.:D

Thanks. Those prices seem reasonable. This camera looks interesting:

Pioneer ND-BC2 Universal Reverse Rear-View Camera Receiver

Get a clear view of those hard-to-see angles with this high-tech rear view camera from Pioneer. This helpful unit was designed to mount on the back of your car, so you can always see what is happening. Designed to work with other Pioneer A/V and Navigation products, youll get the added safety and convenience of a manually adjustable camera. The wide viewing angle gives you a 112-degree horizontal and 82-degree vertical field of vision, perfect for parking in tight spots, preventing accidents and much more.

Our Catalog#: PIONDBC2

List Price: $249.99
Our Price: $209.99

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
I installed a Z3 in a friends Ridgeline with a back-up camera similar to the license plate frame camera shown above. I have the D3 in my E, but if I had to do it over again, I'd spend the extra $ and get the Z3. It's an awesome unit.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed a Z3 in a friends Ridgeline with a back-up camera similar to the license plate frame camera shown above. I have the D3 in my E, but if I had to do it over again, I'd spend the extra $ and get the Z3. It's an awesome unit.
Thanks for the info texaselement. I'm still in the early stages seeing what's out there. I just spent some time with someone who was recommending the Kenwood DNX 7140 so now I'm leaning towards that one.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a nice new unit sometime soon. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
the E in my signature has the Z1 ... its an awesome unit. We install more Z3s than any other Dbl Din nav unit.

The harddrive for nav, the ability to record music onto the harddrive, ipod, sat, it does everything.

And dont forget the voice control for the naviagation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts