Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my E in June of this year, and I love it. In the past month, it has started to shock me when I get out of the vehicle. Now static charges are nothing new to me; living in the zero humidity south west; but this is different. It hurts! Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to get it to stop? I haven't had any other cars zap me as much (or at all) as my E.

Thanks,
-Doug

·
Registered
369 Posts
car static strips

Try car static strips... a strip of rubber like conductive strip. attached to the undercarriage.. at rest it touches the ground, grounding the car.. when you drive the air makes it fly up..try googling car static

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a Sentra with that

I had a Nissan Sentra like that.

It never caused any problems - it just hurt!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have the same situation with everything I drive. Very dry area. I just touch the metal part of the door every time I get out to disapate the static. I have just made a habit especially when filling up with gas. Sheepskin seat cover don't help at all.:roll:

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I'm going to run a piece of 4 gauge power wire from a metal portion of the underbody down to the ground.

Like those ground strap things you can buy for $15. I have extra power wire laying around so I'm going to try that. I don't need any stupid reflectors or crazy super conductor metals like some of them claim to have. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts