Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This post is helpful. SImply remove the lower plastic cover with the VTECH logo. You will see a black molded hose; trace the hose down th the left and you will see the PCV bolted into the water passage. Use a 17mm deep socket and watch those knuckles. Good luck!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I pulled the pcv vavle off, and yes it does require a deep 17mm socket, and i noticed oil - anyone else expereinced this?

it still rattled, so i put it back. the honda parts dept. didn't have one in stock and the autozone version was of lesser quality... how can the parts dept. not stock a commonly replaced part?

·
12,179 Posts
how can the parts dept. not stock a commonly replaced part?

Because it is not a commonly replaced part. 10 years ago a PCV valve was normally replaced as part of a tune up. I used to keep 15-20 of the most common ones on the shelf. On newer cars the tune-up as we know it is pretty much history.

I have yet to sell a pcv valve for an E, Crv or even an Accord with the 2.4L engine and these engines have been on the road for 8 years now.

·
Registered
816 Posts
locate the power steering pump,,then look down your see it,,it sticks out,,i also have a 2004,,,70.000 miles,,,i just changed my last month,,took 5 mins..hope this helps..

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
I've done a quick search and come with nada. :?
I'm over 40k and want to change my PCV valve. I have the service manual and it mentions nothing about change intervals, only pinch the hose and listen (pp. 11-350). That doesn't sit well with me. :|
Anyway, I was at the dealership doing my '07-08 recall and inquired about purchasing one. $22, and I had to order it!!?? That sounded a little steep, so I went on the two Honda parts places I have bookmarked (besides H&A) and they wanted $13, but $22 to ship!! :shock: :shock:

Has anyone else found a decent place to purchase the PCV, with reasonable shipping (if applicable)? I would definitely like to purchase a couple for now and the next change....... :roll: :razz: :razz:

Thanks a lot!! :010: :eye:

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
Thanks, rd, appreciate it. Guess I need to work on my search skills, eh? :| :) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
PCV Valve location

About the PCV location:

The diagrams others posted are helpful, but here's a shot of the PCV valve. Remove the two bolts on the front plastic cover, lift it, and this is what you will see. The brass-colored valve is seen at lower left, below the end of the connecting hose. A 17mm deep-socket helps to remove it, as others said.

I never found a recommended interval for replacement either, but based on problems I have had in my Nissan when I did not change it (valve cover gasket leaks) I would plan to change it at 50k and 100k. I got around to it at 67k and it was partially gummed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
PCV replaced - still stalling

I have an 2005 E and the PCV valve was just replaced about a month ago. Now that colder weather is upon us, when I start it up the engine will still stall (starts right up again) as if the PCV was never replaced. Any ideas?

:?

·
Registered
643 Posts
It seems like 10 or 15 years ago that anytime I would go in for an oil change, they would say I needed a new PCV valve. Have 99K on the Element and have never once had anyone say that it needed replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to bring back this zombie but what is the torque spec for the PCV valve? Also do I need threadlocker or anti-seize and do I need to torque it in steps?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts