Honda Element Owners Club banner

pookSter's Bed for the Element (with pics)

363K views 193 replies 87 participants last post by  ph27rwg 
pookster! Awesome! Will you please send me the plans also gategate@go.com. Many thanks! this is wonderful and will work great with the homemade privacy curtain I just finished. Orage flowers! Peace, Patty

Just finished making the frame. I can't figure out how you got a double mattress in the back. The width I can only measure 40''??? Length 60'' with the seats in place for driving. I have been search for a short and wide airbed, futon, or matress. Any idea? Let me know about the bed size. What am I missing? Is yours bigger :) Also Pookster, What about the console between the front seats, that looks cool. What is it? Patty

I bought the black ABS tubing at the nearest plumbing supply store. Everything cost about $30. Hope that helps. I don't know how ABS differs from PVC, I'm curious. Anyway, yesterday I bought a futon for the back. It is in two parts, a loveseat and ottoman. The love seat is 54X54 inches and the ottoman pillow is 22 inches. When driving the front seats can be back and the ottoman pillow just sits on top of the loveseat futon. When we set up the bed, the ottoman rests nicely next to the tailgate on the frame and totes to make a 76 inch bed. We are trying it out this weekend in Trinidad Calif. You can look for us at the Emerald Forrest Campground under the Redwood trees. Peace, Patty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.